Volunteer Usher Program
The Lesher Center for the Arts values its wonderful volunteer usher staff. We are in the process of reactivating our program as we emerge from our lengthy closure. Our volunteer program will reboot in phases as our performances and events return to our stages.
If you are interested in joining this incredible team please read the Volunteer Usher Applicant Manual (link below), complete the on-line Application (also linked below), and attend an upcoming Prospective Usher Orientation Session.
Prospective Usher Orientation Sessions are generally scheduled twice per year. Usher candidates must attend an orientation session prior to becoming eligible for the program. No pre-registration required.
The next orientations are scheduled for:
DATE/TIME: Saturday, October 9 - 10:00am - Noon
LOCATION: George & Sonja Vukasin Theatre (On the first floor of the Lesher Center for the Arts)
Usher candidates must attend an orientation session prior to becoming eligible for the program. No pre-registration required.
Information about Volunteering at the Lesher Center for the Arts:
All volunteer ushers must attend an orientation/training session prior to ushering. Pre-COVID, these sessions were scheduled twice per year. All volunteers were expected to usher a minimum of 11 assignments per year. This includes three (3) over the busy winter holiday season of November & December. It also allows for two (2) assignments off per year including the option to “OPT OUT” of service in July and August when the theater schedule is normally very light. As we focus on our reopening efforts, our future service requirements are still in development as we navigate reopening.
Volunteer usher correspondence is conducted via email and Volgistics® - Volunteer Software Solutions. As of August 31, 2016 volunteer ushers will not be able to log-in with Windows XP due to Volgistics ending support for Windows XP. Volgistics support has ended because of potential security vulnerabilities with the OS caused by Microsoft discontinuing support for Windows XP.
Click here for a copy of the Volunteer Usher Applicant Manual and here for the on-line Application
• When applying to become an usher you are applying for a job! We only have a few openings each training session.
• Usher positions are open to anyone over the age of 16, or over the age of 14 if they are accompanied by a parent or guardian.
• Ushers will be required to remain on their feet for extended periods of time and/or to climb stairs. Volunteers who may require accommodations are welcome to apply.
• Ushers must have vision sufficient to read theater tickets without difficulty, and to maneuver in a darkened atmosphere.
• All volunteers are required to make a commitment to volunteer for a minimum of 11 events per year and include a minimum of three (3) shifts over the two (2) month holiday season of November and December. Volunteers are encouraged to sign up for as many events as they wish.
Continued eligibility will be based on:
• Reliability and responsibility
• Friendly and welcoming attitude
• Cooperative and courteous attitude toward patrons, fellow volunteers, and staff.
• Ability to perform all required tasks
CLICK HERE to access the Volunteer Information Center (VicNet) Home Page.