The Lesher Center for the Arts is always looking for volunteers. More information about volunteer opportunities is below.
Volunteer orientation sessions are generally scheduled twice per year.
The next orientation is scheduled for Monday, March 24, 2014 at 7:00pm.
Usher candidates must attend an orientation session prior to becoming eligible for the program. No pre-registration required.
Information about Volunteering at the Lesher Center for the Arts:
- Ushers – All ushers must attend an orientation/training session prior to ushering. These sessions are scheduled twice a year. Ushers are asked to commit to ushering for at least one performance per month, although there may be opportunities to usher more often (We currently have over 400 volunteer ushers).ALL USHER CORRESPONDENCE IS CONDUCTED VIA EMAIL
- When applying to become an usher you are applying for a job! We only have a few openings each training session.
- Usher positions are open to anyone over the age of sixteen, and who has attended an orientation session.
- Most Ushers will be required to remain on their feet for extended periods of time and/or to climb stairs. Volunteers who are physically challenged are welcome to apply.
- Ushers must have vision sufficient to read theatre tickets without difficulty, and to maneuver in a darkened atmosphere.
- All volunteers are expected to make a commitment of no fewer than one event per calendar month and two events during December. Volunteers are encouraged to sign up for as many events as they wish.
Continued eligibility will be based on:
- Friendly attitude
- Ability to perform all required tasks
- Responsibility, cooperative and courteous attitude toward patrons and fellow volunteers.
CLICK HERE to access the
Lesher Center Volunteer Information Center